TRAPPER CREEK COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Trapper Creek Community Center, Milepost 115.2 George Parks Highway. Turn left on E. TC Park Circle.
?Teleconference: Locally dial 373-2663 / Participant Code 991090 or dial 907-622-2663 if not in local area
Regular Meeting, 6:30 PM, Thursday, December 19, 2019
- Meeting called to order 6:48pm
- Determination of Quorum
- Board Members in Attendance: Ritenburgh, Miller, Glenka, Grelson and Morrill.? Guests: Mabel & Ron Quilliam.? Special Guest: Borough Assembly Representative Tam Boeve, District 7
- Approval of Agenda
- Reading and approval of Regular October & November Meeting minutes
- Borough Assembly Report, Tam Boeve, District 7:
Board of Fisheries update: lack of fish getting north- problems with fish being intercepted by commercial fishing industry. Five (5) main proposals are in front of the Board of Fisheries at the February 7-19, 2020 meeting. Public comments are encouraged. Comments can be mailed in, done online or made in person at the meeting.? McKinley Fire update: recovery efforts continue
- Treasurer?s Report: Disbursements: $76.00-USPS PO Box fees; $1,117.00-NNWI/Neighborhood Watch items. ?Deposits: None. ?Dividends: Checking: .18.? Checking: $2,960.71, Savings: $25.42 = $2,986.13.
- Revenue Sharing/Community Assistance Program (CAP) Grant Project Updates:
- Trapper Creek Volunteer Fire Dept (TCVFD): No report.
- ?TCCSA Operating ? CAP: $10,000.00. Current expenditures: $1,562.43. Remaining: $5,526.09
- Trapper Creek Community Council (TCCC): CAP: $1,000.00. Current expenditures: $101.00: $25- AK State Biennial Report Fees; $76-USPS PO Box Fees.? Remaining: $899.00
- Upper Susitna Food Pantry Operations: CAP: $3,789.00. Current expenditures: $220.95. Remaining: $2,784.90
15 weekend food bags went home through TC Elementary School-up from 12. November had 18 seniors enrolled in the Senior Pass Program-for extremely low-income seniors to use the pantry twice a month. Thanksgiving Blessing in November had 44 families participating this year.? Christmas food distribution is on Saturday, December 21, 2019, from 10am-4pm at the Church on the Rock. Pantry will close on December 20th as the finances will not accommodate anymore families at this time. Emergency families may be added on a case by case basis. A comparison of recipients with the Willow Food Bank is being done, and slots may open up again due to any families receiving food from both food banks being dedicated to one food bank
- Neighborhood Watch Grant- Grant: $2,941.17. Current expenditures: $1,117.00 for signs, handbooks and decals.? Remaining: $1,624.17
- ?Committee Reports:
TCCSA Water Committee: Penn Jersey drilled the water well and a pump test was completed. A report is forthcoming. TCCSA Water Committee will continue to update TCCC
Volunteer Fire Department Committee(TCFVD): ?No report
X.???? Correspondence/Current Mail: ?All mail was read at meeting, and/or previously emailed to the membership and/or posted at the TC Post Office
- Public Forum: Census 2020 job information by Recruiting Assistant Mabel Quilliam
- Unfinished Business:
- Mat-Su Community Councils for Public Safety (MSCCPS) update: ???Saturday, January 4, 2020 Mat Su Legislative Town Hall at the Wasilla Senior Center at 1:00-3:00pm
- New Business:
- Voting begins for the TCCC Board on Saturday, January 4, 2020 at the Trapper Creek Library during regular business hours, and ends Saturday, January 11, 2020. ?A list of candidates will be posted on Saturday, December 21, 2019, at the Post Office and the Library.
- Date of next meeting: scheduled for Thursday, January 16, 2020, 6:30 pm
- Meeting adjourned: at 8:50pm
(Minutes taken by Council Secretary, Janet Grelson)