TRAPPER CREEK COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Trapper Creek Community Center, Milepost 115.2 George Parks Highway. Turn left on E. TC Park Circle.
?Teleconference: Locally dial 373-2663 / Participant Code 991090 or dial 907-622-2663 if not in local area
Regular Meeting, 6:30 PM, Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Meeting called to order 6:38 pm. Posted within fourteen days of said meeting.
- Determination of Quorum
- Board Members in Attendance: Ritenburgh, Miller, and Grelson. ? Members: Sheila Storrs, Chrystal Mayer, Debbie Garrett, Donna Massey, Nancy Morgan, Jason Garrett, Joe Walker, Joan Medbury, Ray Medbury, Dawn Jones, Bill Stearns, George Faerber.? Special Guests: Mat-Su Borough Mayor Vern Halter, Assembly Representative Tam Boeve
- Approval of Agenda
- Reading and approval of Regular August Meeting minutes
- Borough Assembly Report:
Tam Boeve, District 7: Follow up on Malaspina Fire- cause was lightening.? No discussion at 8/20/19 MSB Assembly meeting of 2% Sales tax or change in current term limits from two (2) to (1) terms. Items will not be added to November 5, 2019 ballot. November ballot is a school board seat-Jeff Taylor, running unopposed. Follow up on rebate of 2020 Property taxes-it will not be an option. No update on JA International (a group of companies) possible timber harvest for export
- Treasurer?s Report: No report
- Revenue Sharing/CAP Grant Project Updates:
- Trapper Creek Volunteer Fire Dept (TCVFD): $1,000.00. Chrystal Mayer.? $455.00 for grant writing class.? $545.00 remaining
- TCCSA Operating – $10,000.00.? No report
- Trapper Creek Community Council (TCCC): $1,000.00.? No report
- Upper Susitna Food Pantry Operations: $3,789.00. No report
- Neighborhood Watch Grant-$2,941.17.? No report
IX.? ? Committee Reports:
TCCSA Water Committee: Dave updated that there was an issue with the bid process and it went back out for bid. There is no scheduled meeting at this time. TCCSA Water Committee will continue to update TCCC.
Volunteer Fire Department Committee(TCFVD):? Chrystal Mayer, Secretary: Chrystal and Debbie Garrett (Treasurer) took a grant writing class in July. Chrystal also took a grant management class in August and a FEMA grant management class in September.
Donations of gear were received from Butte Fire Department. Also received a cascade compressor to fill breathing air bottles from the Mat Su Borough.
A $2,678.32 Greater Houston Foundation Grant (GHFG) was received on August 8. Houston Fire Department donated a slide-in unit to help with fire mitigation, but don?t yet have a truck to put it into.
TCVFD Treasurer Report: CAP funds: $1,000.00 Expenditures: $455.00, grant writing class. Checking: $6363.09 ($545.00-CAP$, $2,678.32-GHFG); Savings: $500.00. Total $6,863.09.
Continuing the search for engines, tenders and property for a station
- Correspondence/Current Mail:
All mail was read at meeting, and/or previously emailed to the membership and/or posted at the TC Post Office
- Public Forum: None
- Unfinished Business:
- Mat-Su Community? Councils for Public Safety (MSCCPS) update:? ?No report from the August 21, 2019
- Neighborhood Watch Grant:? No report
- New Business:
- Mayor Vern Halter ?Mayoral Proclamation in recognition of Joan Medbury?s dedicated service to the community through her work with the Road Service Association (RSA) Board and the Trapper Creek Community Council. Refreshments and cake were then enjoyed during a 15 minute break
- Request of TCCC Letter of Support for Purple Heart Trail Designation:
Letter received from the Commander John Knott of the State of Alaska Military Order of the Purple Heart, a non-profit/501(c)19- military veteran?s service organization.? Chapters are located in Fairbanks, Anchorage and Soldotna, and membership is solely comprised of wounded combat veterans and Purple Heart recipients. Commander Knott is requesting a letter of support from Council in an effort to designate the portion of the George Parks Highway from Fairbanks to Wasilla a Purple Heart Trail, which would then become part of a larger Purple Heart Highway
A motion was made by Miller to issue a letter of support from Council for the designation of a Purple Heart Trail from Fairbanks to Wasilla. Motion seconded by Ritenburgh. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carries
- Date of next meeting scheduled for Thursday,November 21, 2019, 6:30 pm.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:25 pm
(Minutes taken by Council Secretary, Janet Grelson)