TRAPPER CREEK COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Trapper Creek Community Center, Milepost 115.2 George Parks Highway. Turn left on E. TC Park Circle.
?Teleconference: Locally dial 373-2663 / Participant Code 991090 or dial 907-622-2663 if not in local area
Regular Meeting 6:30 PM, Thursday, June 18, 2020?
- Meeting called to order: 6:38 pm
- Determination of Quorum
- Board Members in Attendance: Ritenburgh, Grelson, Twigg and Morrill.? Special Guests: ? MEA Representatives
- Approval of Agenda
- Reading and approval of Regular May Meeting minutes
- Borough Assembly Report, Tam Boeve, District 7: No report
- Treasurer?s Report:? Disbursements: None.? Deposits: None.? Dividends: None.
Checking: $1,111.96, Savings: $25.44 = $1,137.40
- Revenue Sharing/Community Assistance Program (CAP) Grant Project Updates:
- Trapper Creek Volunteer Fire Dept (TCVFD): ?CAP: $1,000.00. Remaining: $0.? Remaining funds were used for PO Box fees, registration and title to the 6 trucks that were donated, purchase of fuel for the 2 trucks that are currently running; hose adaptors and fittings to be able to fill the trucks; and Office antivirus protection
- TCCSA Operating ? CAP: $10,000.00. Current expenditures: $662.97. Remaining: $558.20.? Looking for volunteers for the Park Memorial Wall to assist in leading and working on the project
- Trapper Creek Community Council (TCCC): CAP: $1,000.00. Current expenditures: None.? Remaining: $674.27
IX.? ? Committee Reports:
- TCCSA Water Committee:? The 95% project plans are complete and the plans have been received.? Contractor made submittals to ADEC, Division of Drinking Water for Approval to Construct and to ADNR for water rights.? Ordered SIP panels and 50% down on credit card reader.? A July meeting will be scheduled for review of the drawings.? Committee continues to work towards card reader accepting the SNAP, WIC, EBT cards. TCCSA Water Committee will continue to update TCCC
- Volunteer Fire Department Committee (TCFVD):? A 3rd trash pump to help fill portable ponds has been purchased.? Donated trucks have been looked over and frozen/busted lines have been fixed, and are ready if needed.? The Forestry grant funds were received, and the TCVFD is currently working on the items on their purchase list items
- RSA 30: D&S is no longer the road contractor for RSA 30-Trapper Creek.? The MSB will be advertising for a new contractor in the near future.? The RSA 30 Board still has an opening on its Board of Supervisors.? Any community member interested in volunteering can contact Donna Massay (733-4348) for additional information or go to the MSB website ?Boards and Commissions? link
- Correspondence/Current Mail:? All mail was read at meeting, and/or previously emailed to the membership and/or posted at the TC Post Office
- Public Forum: MEA Representatives gave information regarding MEA?s summer plans for clearing Rights of Way in the Trapper Creek and Talkeetna areas, as well as information on removal of Spruce Bark Beetle danger trees from private property. These trees will be removed by MEA free of charge by filing a Danger Tree Report. Report can be found on the MEA website(www.mea.coop/member-services/right-of-way-clearing) or by calling the MEA Clearing Dept. (907-761-9269).
MEA member rates had a small decrease last quarter, and can anticipate another small decrease in the next quarter.? Janet Kincaid retired from the MEA Board of Directors.? There is a general seat vacancy on the Board, and applications are available online.? Trapper Creek?s area representative is Bill Kendig/Susitna West District. Mr. Kendig is currently the MEA Board Secretary/Treasurer.? The Palmer MEA office is still closed, but the Eagle River and Wasilla offices are open.? MEA is encouraging customers to go paperless for their monthly statements.? The MEA Annual Meeting was cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions.? MEA is currently at a usage rate of 12% for renewable energy
XII.? Unfinished Business:
- Mat-Su Community Councils for Public Safety (MSCCPS) update:
- FY2019 CAP Funds:? TCCC sent a letter to the MSB re: CAP project voting results, and received a quick response, as well as the MOA/Memorandum of Agreement between the MSB and TCCC for the FY2019 CAP Funds.? The signed MOA was returned to the Borough, and the tentative timeline for release of the CAP funds is projected to be sometime after it is presented at the July 21st MSB Assembly meeting. Funds could be to Council by the end of July or beginning of August if there are delays
XIII.? New Business: None
XIV.? Date of next meeting: scheduled for Thursday, July 16, 2020, 6:30 pm
- Meeting adjourned: 7:38 pm
(Minutes taken by Council Secretary, Janet Grelson)