TRAPPER CREEK COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Trapper Creek Community Center, Milepost 115.2 George Parks Highway. Turn left on E. TC Park Circle.
?Teleconference: Locally dial 373-2663 / Participant Code 991090 or dial 907-622-2663 if not in local area
Regular Meeting, 6:30 PM, Thursday, February 20, 2020?
- Meeting called to order: 6:46pm
- Determination of Quorum
- Board Members in Attendance: Ritenburgh, Miller, Grelson and Morrill.? Members: Duronda Twigg, Chrystal Mayer
- Approval of Agenda
- Reading and approval of Regular January Meeting minutes
- Borough Assembly Report, Tam Boeve, District 7: No report
- Treasurer?s Report: Total Disbursements: Visa Debit: $34.77 for printer ink.
Deposits: None.? Dividends: None. ? Checking: $1,136.96, Savings: $25.43 = $1,162.39.
- Revenue Sharing/Community Assistance Program (CAP) Grant Project Updates:
- Trapper Creek Volunteer Fire Dept (TCVFD): ?CAP: $1,000.00. Expenditures to date: $455.00-Grant Writing Class; QuickBooks-$50.00. Remaining: $495.00
- TCCSA Operating ? CAP: $10,000.00. Current expenditures: $1,122.50. Remaining: $4,077.55
- Trapper Creek Community Council (TCCC): CAP: $1,000.00. Current expenditures: $34.77-printer ink.? Remaining: $699.27
- Upper Susitna Food Pantry Operations: CAP: $3,789.00. Current expenditures: $122.65. Remaining: $274.01
43 families were served in January; 96 people; and 19 seniors for the CSFP Boxes. 16 Trapper Creek families enrolled in the Second Access Program.? Currently have 57 families (118 people) from Trapper Creek signed up to use regular pantry services
IX.? ? Committee Reports:
- TCCSA Water Committee:? Water Committee met to review and discuss draft plan sheets (site plan, and the interior piping/layout).? Committee will address with KAE modifications. Water Committee reviewed and concurred on the advertising for the water point; and awaits the water test results. TCCSA Water Committee will continue to update TCCC
- Volunteer Fire Department Committee (TCFVD): TCVFD received a US Forestry Grant. In contact with State Fire Marshall. Continuing with obtaining equipment and equipment housing
- RSA (Road Service Area) 30:? Summary of the February 12, 2020 meeting was provided by Donna Massay and read at the meeting.? Official minutes will not be available until approved at the May 13, 2020, 10:30 am meeting at the TC Community Center.
Among the items from the draft minutes:
- Exploring options for bringing the Bradley Road Bridge up to State standards as well as funding for the project
- The scope of work is being developed for improving the road width just before Amber Lake on Oilwell (an additional benefit will be a few more parking spaces from the gravel source area)
- The Road Hotline has been upgraded to have unlimited capacity and is monitored 24/7. Only urgent calls-unplowed roads, downed trees, drifts closing a road, etc., will receive an afterhours response (the Hotline number for MSB roads in 861-7755)
- There is a vacancy on the RSA Board. Anyone interested will find more info on the MSB website under ?Boards and Commissions?.? Meeting times can be adjusted to accommodate a new board member?s schedule
- Correspondence/Current Mail:? All mail was read at meeting, and/or previously emailed to the membership and/or posted at the TC Post Office
- Public Forum:? None
- Unfinished Business:
- Mat-Su Community Councils for Public Safety (MSCCPS) update: No report
- Seating of New Board/Business items-
- Under Article IV, Section 2D of the TCCC bylaws, the TCCC Board may appoint to fill a Board vacancy until the next General Election.? Duronda Twigg was appointed to the TCCC Board as Treasurer. A motion was made to appoint Duronda Twigg by Morrill, seconded by Miller, and all Board members approved.
Appropriate documentation will be drawn up, signed and brought to the Council?s financial institution to show current TCCC authorized account signers and previous signer to be removed
- State of Alaska Statement of Change to be submitted ($25.00 applicable fee), reflecting current list of TCCC Board members
- FY2019 CAP Funds: Information and deadlines for accepting proposed FY2019 CAP fund projects was sent out to TCCC e-mail list as well as posted at the Trapper Creek Post Office and the Trapper Creek Library. Applications are also available to be sent via e-mail by contacting the Council at: email@example.com
Project application forms are at the TC Post Office and must be submitted to TCCC by the April 16, 2020 TCCC meeting?
Proposed project submitters are encouraged to attend the April 16, 2020, TCCC meeting in person or telephonically.?(Teleconference is available locally: 373-2663 or dial?907-622-2663 if not in local area; Participant Code 991090), to answer any questions that may arise regarding their proposals
Trapper Creek Community voting on proposed projects meeting the project criteria will be April 20-May 9, 2020 at the Trapper Creek Library, during normal business hours
Voting results will be at the May 21, 2020 TCCC meeting
- New Business: None
- Date of next meeting: scheduled for Thursday,March 19, 2020, 6:30 pm
- Meeting adjourned:? 7:37pm
(Minutes taken by Council Secretary, Janet Grelson)