TRAPPER CREEK COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Trapper Creek Community Center, Milepost 115.2 George Parks Highway. Turn left on E. TC Park Circle.
?Teleconference: Locally dial 373-2663 / Participant Code 991090 or dial 907-622-2663 if not in local area
Regular Meeting 6:30 PM, Thursday, August 20, 2020?
- Meeting called to order: 6:38 pm
- Determination of Quorum
- Board Members in Attendance: Ritenburgh, Grelson, Twigg.? Special Guests:? Tam Boeve, MSB District 7
- Approval of Agenda
- Reading and approval of Regular June Meeting minutes (July-no quorum/no meeting)
- Borough Assembly Report, Tam Boeve, District 7: RSA contract will be awarded shortly-3-4 bids were received.
MSB has $37 million in CARES funding that will be disbursed by October, and will need to be spent by the end of 2020.
1/3 of the CARE funds are going for Borough related services: EMT staff, ambulance needs, admin expenses; 1/3 for small business grants (up to $10,000.00 available, based on loss of revenue, sanitation requirements, etc.).? Only open to those business outside of Huston, Palmer and Wasilla area.
Another 1/3 of the CARE funds will be about $100 to MSB residents who have qualifying expenses related to COVID. Applications will be online soon (follow the Facebook MSB page).
A September 15 meeting on funding. Continuing search for new Borough manager.? Interviews will be in September.
- Treasurer?s Report:
July: Deposits:? None? Disbursements: None? Div/Int.: $ .01? Checking: $1,111.97, Savings: $25.45 = $1137.42
August: Deposits: FY19 Borough CAP Grant Funds, $15,789.00.
Disbursements: Trapper Creek Community Services (TCCSA) FY19 CAP Grant Funds: Ck# 245, $11,000.00(cleared acct.); Trapper Creek Volunteer Fire Department FY19 CAP Grant Funds: Ck# 246, $3489.00; Upper Susitna Food Pantry FY19 CAP Grant Funds Ck# 247, $1300.00.? ? Div/Int.: $ .05.
Checking: $5901.01 ($4789.00 un-cleared FY19 CAP), Savings: $25.45 = $5926.46
- Revenue Sharing/Community Assistance Program (CAP) Grant Project Updates:
- FY2019: ??TCCC received the CAP FY2019 funds from the Borough and the Council signed and submitted the MOA with the Council.? The TCCC Treasurer sent out the MOAs between the Council and the approved projects, as well as the checks, to the three (3) recipients
- Trapper Creek Volunteer Fire Dept (TCVFD): ?CAP: $1,000.00. Remaining: $0.? Remaining funds were used for PO Box fees, registration and title to the 6 trucks that were donated, purchase of fuel for the 2 trucks that are currently running; hose adaptors and fittings to be able to fill the trucks; and Office antivirus protection
- TCCSA Operating ? CAP: $10,000.00.? No official report, but comments were made that the Trapper Creek Free Box is closed until further notice, including a hold on accepting donations.? IF there is a need an appointment can be made, keeping in mind that the Free Box must be completely sanitized after each appointment by (a) volunteer(s).
- Trapper Creek Community Council (TCCC): CAP: $1,000.00. Current expenditures: None.? Remaining: $674.27
IX.? ? Committee Reports:
- TCCSA Water Committee:? KAE was out last week, and cleared a 60? area around the pad.? Will continue with constructing the pad.? A different type of card reader was requested, that would accept cash, coins and cards. This will increase the cost of the reader. Project is on schedule and should be completed in September if not sooner. TCCSA Water Committee will continue to update TCCC
- Volunteer Fire Department Committee (TCFVD):? A 3rd trash pump to help fill portable ponds has been purchased.? Donated trucks have been looked over and frozen/busted lines have been fixed, and are ready if needed.? The Forestry grant funds were received, and the TCVFD is currently working on the items on their purchase list items
- Correspondence/Current Mail:? All mail was read at meeting, and/or previously emailed to the membership and/or posted at the TC Post Office
- Public Forum: None
XII. ? Unfinished Business:
- Mat-Su Community Councils for Public Safety (MSCCPS) update:
No Report. Most likely there will not be a meeting until next spring
XIII.? New Business: None
IV.? Date of next meeting: scheduled for Thursday, September 17, 2020, 6:30 pm
XV.? Meeting adjourned: 7: 08 pm
(Minutes taken by Council Secretary, Janet Grelson)