TRAPPER CREEK COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Regular Meeting 6:30 PM Thursday, November 15, 2018
I. Meeting called to order 6:30pm
II. Determination of Quorum
III. Board Members in Attendance: Ritenburgh, Miller, Glenka, Grelson and Morrill. Members: Debbie Roberts. Guests: Borough Assembly Representative Tam Boeve.
IV. Reading and approval of October minutes.
V. Borough Assembly Report: Tam Boeve, District 7, Borough Assembly: Not a lot of activity this period. The DMV ‘Z’ permanent permit vehicle registration tag program for vehicles 8 years or older, was set to expire on December 31, 2018. That deadline has been deleted and the program will continue.
Borough Board vacancies: 85 vacant seats on the Mat Su Borough Board. Not much representation on the Board from this part of the Borough.
VI. Treasurer’s Report: October activity: Ck #226: $25.00, State of Alaska Change of Registered Agent. Checking: $3,497.38 & Savings: $25.38 = $3,522.76
VIII. Revenue Sharing Project Updates:
- Nordic Ski Club – $300.00. No activity this period. Total spent: $80.52. $219.48 remaining
- TCCC Operating Costs – $1,000. Check #226, $25.00. $319.61 remaining.
- TCCSA Operating Costs- $10,000.00. Current activity: $1,500.74. $7,348.98 remaining.
- Upper Susitna Food Pantry-$2,900.00. Current activity: $237.39. $2,662.61 remaining.
- Correspondence/Current Mail: mail was read, and previously emailed to the membership.
- Public Forum: None
- Unfinished Business:
- Village Safe Water Program (VSW): The application to the Mat Su Borough for the acquisition of the land is being submitted with an accompanying letter, points of contact and other requested information. Discussion ensued of TCCC supporting TCCSA for this program as TCCSA now has a full functioning Board. Ritenburgh made the motion to reissue the TCCC letter of support for the TCCSA to develop and manage a community watering point. Morrill seconded. Motion passed unanimously. Letter of support, Resolution RS 18-001, was completed and signed by TCCC Board.
- Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG): Last month the information was reviewed and read by Council. Council reached out to see if the CDBG would work for funding part of the Watering Point Project. It was determined that the Watering Point project would not meet the CDBG criteria. No further discussion or action on this item.
- Mat-Su Community Councils for Public Safety (MSCCPS) update: Ron Farnsworth sent an email stating that there will be no November or December meetings. They will begin again on January 16, 2019, and will continue on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:00pm.
- FY2019 Neighborhood Watch Program Mat Su Borough Grant: $50,000 was divided among 17 area Community Councils. Trapper Creek Community Council received $2,941.17. Crime Stopper signs were received by Council and will be posted soon. A final narrative report after funds are used is to be submitted stating the effectiveness of the program.
- FY2019 State of Alaska Community and Neighborhood Watch Grants: (A $75,000 grant to be split among applicants.) This was discussed at the October 2018 TCCC meeting. Discussion of the grant parameters and requirements did not make a good fit for our Community. No further action on this item.
- New Business:
- Spruce Beetle Strategy Meeting: There will be a teleconference with the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) at the Trapper Creek Community Center for the DNR meeting regarding the issues of the Spruce Beetle tree damage. The meeting is in Palmer on Thursday, November 29, from 1pm-4pm. Currently there is a sign-up sheet for hazardous tree/”danger tree” removal, at the Trapper Creek Post Office.
- Trapper Creek Fire List Update: The Trapper Creek Community Fire List (the list is a telephone “tree” of Trapper Creek residents’ name and phone numbers in case there is a fire in our area), is being updated now, at the Trapper Creek Post Office. Last update to this list was in May, 2012.
- Meals on Wheels Trapper Creek: Ritenburgh recently spoke with Meals on Wheels. A volunteer is needed once a week on Tuesdays, to deliver the meals for recipients in Trapper Creek. Contact Donna at 841-9881.
XIII. Date of next meeting scheduled for December 20, 2018, 6:30 pm.
XIV. Meeting adjourned at 8:23pm.
(Minutes taken by Council Secretary, Janet Grelson)
Trapper Creek Community Council
PO Box 13021, Trapper Creek, AK 99683-0321
Teleconference: Locally dial 373-2663 / Participant Code 991090 or dial 907-622-2663 if not in local area