TRAPPER CREEK COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Trapper Creek Community Center, Milepost 115.2 George Parks Highway. Turn left on E. TC Park Circle.
Teleconference: Locally dial 373-2663 / Participant Code 991090 or dial 907-622-2663 if not in local area
Regular Meeting, 6:30 PM, Thursday, October 17, 2019
- Meeting called to order 6:40pm.
- Board Members in Attendance: Glenka, Grelson and Morrill. Members: Chrystal Mayer
- Approval of Agenda
- Reading and approval of Regular September Meeting minutes
- Borough Assembly Report, Tam Boeve, District 7: No report
- Treasurer’s Report: Current activity: None. Disbursements: None. Deposits: None. Dividends: Checking: .18, Savings: .01. Checking: $4,153.35, Savings: $25.42 = $4,178.77.
- Revenue Sharing/Community Assistance Program (CAP) Grant Project Updates:
- Trapper Creek Volunteer Fire Dept (TCVFD): CAP: $1,000.00. Chrystal Mayer. $50.00 for QuickBooks purchase. $495.00 remaining
- TCCSA Operating – CAP: $10,000.00. August 15-October 17 expenditures: $1,124.59. Remaining: $7,488.52
- Trapper Creek Community Council (TCCC): CAP: $1,000.00. No current expenditures. Remaining: $975.00
- Upper Susitna Food Pantry Operations: CAP: $3,789.00. Current expenditures: $172.00. Remaining: $3,005.85.
Currently 16 Trapper Creek families enrolled in the Second Access Program. USFPO sending 12 weekend food bags home through TC Elementary School and 70-75 bags went home from the Upper Susitna Food Pantry. The McKinley Fire caused the pantry numbers to skyrocket and will continue to see numbers rise as winter sets in.
- Neighborhood Watch Grant- Grant: $2,941.17. No current expenditures. Remaining: $2,741.17
IX. Committee Reports:
TCCSA Water Committee: Contract was awarded to KAE, Inc., for Design Building Services. KAE was the only bidder; therefore no Proposal Evaluation Committee (PEC) was needed. KAE met the protocol for scoring and Procurement assured insurance, bond and timetable were provided to the Water Committee. Contract was issued for $274,995.00. There is no scheduled meeting at this time. TCCSA Water Committee will continue to update TCCC
Volunteer Fire Department Committee(TCFVD): Chrystal Mayer, Secretary:
TCVFD Treasurer Report: CAP funds: $1,000.00 Expenditures: $50.00, QuickBooks purchase. Insurance was procured for taking of Basic Fire Fighter class. $495.00 CAP funds remaining. Checking: $6313.09, Savings: $500.00. Total: $6813.09
- Correspondence/Current Mail: Received email from Ron Lurk concerning continued snow machine trail grooming this season. Information on requesting 2019 Community Assistance Program (CAP) funds was given.
All mail was read at meeting, and/or previously emailed to the membership and/or posted at the TC Post Office
- Public Forum: None
- Unfinished Business:
- Mat-Su Community Councils for Public Safety (MSCCPS) update: October meeting had to be cancelled due to Capt. April’s being out of Alaska
- New Business:
- Three (3) TCCC Board members with one (1) year terms are at an end. Review of TCCC Board “Accepting Applications” letter. Application packets will be made available at the TC Post Office shortly with submission deadline dates as well as voting dates
- Date of next meeting: scheduled for Thursday,November 21, 2019, 6:30 pm.
- Meeting adjourned: at 7:25pm
(Minutes taken by Council Secretary, Janet Grelson)