TRAPPER CREEK COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Trapper Creek Community Center, Milepost 115.2 George Parks Highway. Turn left on E. TC Park Circle.
Teleconference: Locally dial 373-2663 / Participant Code 991090 or dial 907-622-2663 if not in local area
Regular Meeting, 6:30 PM, Thursday, January 16, 2020
- Meeting called to order: 6:38pm
- Determination of Quorum
- Board Members in Attendance: Ritenburgh, Miller, Glenka, Grelson and Morrill. Guest: AK Dept. of Health & Social Services Public Health Nurse Sonja Engle, RN.
- Approval of Agenda
- Reading and approval of Regular December Meeting minutes
- Borough Assembly Report, Tam Boeve, District 7: No report
- Treasurer’s Report: Total Disbursements: $164.96. #241- $20 reimbursement for Office 365 annual renewal fee to P. Glenka; #242-$125 2020 TCCC Website Hosting fees, J. Klauder; #243-void; Visa Debit- $19.96 TCCC check reorder, Deluxe.
Deposits: None. Dividends as of 12/31/19: Checking: .15, Savings: .01. Checking: $1,171.73, Savings: $25.43 = $1,197.16.
- Revenue Sharing/Community Assistance Program (CAP) Grant Project Updates:
- Trapper Creek Volunteer Fire Dept (TCVFD): No report
- TCCSA Operating – CAP: $10,000.00. Current expenditures: $294.03. Remaining: $5,232.06
- Trapper Creek Community Council (TCCC): CAP: $1,000.00. Current expenditures: $164.96: $20-Office 365 renewal; $125-TCCC Website Hosting annual fees; $19.96-TCCC check reorder. Remaining: $734.04.
- Upper Susitna Food Pantry Operations: CAP: $3,789.00. Current expenditures: $2,388.24. Remaining: $396.66
35 families were served in December; 68 people. 15 weekend food bags went home through TC Elementary School. December had 20 (down from 24) seniors enrolled in the Senior Pass Program-for extremely low-income seniors to use the pantry twice a month. Christmas food baskets were distributed in December and shuttles were offered to families that needed transportation. An additional shuttle was added for Trapper Creek so that families that normally shop on the 4th Friday of the month could make it before the pantry closed from December 23, 2019 through January 2, 2020.
IX. Committee Reports:
- TCCSA Water Committee: Water project going to MSB Assembly for Introduction on 1/21/20. Water project will be on the February 4, 2020 MSB Assembly agenda. Need comments by 2/4/20 via mail or internet, or in person on 2/4/20. TCCSA Water Committee will continue to update TCCC
- Volunteer Fire Department Committee(TCFVD): No report
- Correspondence/Current Mail: All mail was read at meeting, and/or previously emailed to the membership and/or posted at the TC Post Office
- Public Forum: AK Dept. of Health & Social Services Public Health Nurse Sonja Engle, RN. Nurse Engle is the new Public Health Nurse that will cover needs in Trapper Creek. Due to increased availability of medical facilities, the position has changed to a case by case/as needed for patient care, but the public health education and information aspect will continue for our community
- Unfinished Business:
- Mat-Su Community Councils for Public Safety (MSCCPS) update: Report from Chair Dave Ritenburgh from the January 4, 2020 Mat Su Legislative Town Hall. Parks Hwy conditions, PFD concerns, OCS concerns
- TCCC Board Election Results- Community votes resulted in both candidates receiving two (2) year terms
- TCCC Board-Recognition of Paula Glenka’s service to Council and the Community!
- New Business:
- Seat new Trapper Creek Community Council Board Members: Janet Grelson is the interim TCCC Treasurer until an appointment is made to the position. James Morrill will become a signer on the Trapper Creek Community Council Board checking account until the Treasurer position has been filled.
- FY2019 CAP Funds: FY2019 CAP funds of $15,789.00 are available. Council will have information on the timeline of project submission criteria, submission deadline and voting dates prior to the February 20, 2020 regular meeting.
The information will be sent out via the TCCC membership email list, as well as posted at the Trapper Creek Post Office and the Trapper Creek Library.
- Date of next meeting: scheduled for Thursday,February 20, 2020, 6:30 pm
- Meeting adjourned: 8:38pm
(Minutes taken by Council Secretary, Janet Grelson)