TRAPPER CREEK COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Regular Meeting 6:30 PM Thursday, August 16, 2018
I. Meeting called to order 6:36pm
II. Determination of Quorum
III. Board Members in Attendance: Glenka, Miller, Grelson, Ritenburgh (via telephone). Members: Lon McCullough, Tammy Morrill, James Morrill, Steven Deckert, Shawn Stankowitz, Stephanie Harris, John White, Kristie Parsons, Deborah Roberts. Guests: Randall Kowalke, Walter Kloepfer, Tam Boeve.
IV. Reading and approval of July minutes.
V. Borough Assembly Report: Randall Kowalke
Stand for Salmon status update. MSB Cyber Attack update- Borough services are limited; “myProperty” access has been restored and “Parcel Viewer” is available. Checks are being handwritten. Now able to send and receive emails.
A critical issue for the assembly and administration-is to be set up for the upcoming election. Road bond issue on ballot- approximately $46 million. Some projects were removed. Police powers recommendation will be on ballot-should Borough investigate getting police powers. The DMV “Z” permanent registration permits will continue. A list of propositions on the October 2, 2018 ballot was given to the TCCC Board.
VI. TCCSA CIP4 Report: No activity this period. Balance of $6,338.53 remaining.
VII. Treasurer’s Report: #222, $22.77, ink for printer. Checking: $583.59 & Savings: $25.37 = $608.96
VIII. Revenue Sharing Project Updates:
- TCCSA Operating Costs – $13,500.00. Current activity: $632.61. Total spent: $11,975.14. $1524.86 remaining.
- TCCC Operating Costs – $1,000. Current activity: $22.77. $652.97 spent. $347.03 remaining.
- Nordic Ski Club – $300.00. No activity this period. Total spent: $80.52. $219.48 remaining.
- Correspondence/Current Mail: Sunshine Community Health Center is seeking board members; Anchorage Daily News is offering one free State Fair ticket to subscribers; Brittany Ryan letter of resignation from TCCC Board read, no action taken.
- Public Forum: None
- Unfinished Business:
- Village Safe Water Program (VSW): Glenka reported that the Grant 17EQ94 has gone through VSW grants department/accounting, and the next step will be the release of funds to begin the project. Discussion ensued regarding TCCC’s March 19, 2018 Letter of Support to TCCSA of the Watering Point Project should be rescinded at this time until TCCSA has seated a new treasurer and when the project is actually in progress.
Motion made by Glenka to retract the March 19, 2018, to support of the efforts of the TCCSA to develop and manage a community watering point, dated March 19, 2018, until we see the project is in process. Ritenburgh seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
Motion made by Glenka to Table Action on the above motion until the Council’s next meeting. Ritenburgh seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- 2017 Project Proposals update: Borough is waiting to get “rebooted” from the cyber attack before they can issue checks.
- Mat-Su Community Councils for Public Safety (MSCCPS) update: Original funds available have been shrunk from $2 million and will now be released to Police Departments and not community councils. Combined list of Community Needs for Supporting Public Safety was presented by various councils for ideas for the funding. Discussion ensued regarding whether TCCC should be a part of the MSCCPS.
Motion made by Glenka that TCCC support the Mat Su Borough Community Councils for Public Safety. Ritenburgh Seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- New Business:
- FY2019 Application and Letter for Neighborhood Watch Grant Program:
Letter and application read regarding an additional $50,000 of FY2019 funds now available to provide funding to specifically support Neighborhood Watch Programs. Application must be submitted by August 31, 2018, if Council decides to opt-in to the program. Discussion ensued.
Motion made by Ritenburgh to complete the application and opt-in. Seconded by Glenka. Motion passed unanimously.
- Tam Boeve and Walter Kloepfer were introduced. Both are candidates for Assemblyman Kowalke’s seat.
XIII. Date of next meeting scheduled for September 20, 2018, 6:30 pm.
XIV. Meeting adjourned at 7:55pm.
(Minutes taken by Council Secretary, Janet Grelson)
Trapper Creek Community Council
PO Box 13021, Trapper Creek, AK 99683-0321
Teleconference: Locally dial 373-2663 / Participant Code 991090 or dial 907-622-2663 if not in local area