Trapper Creek Community Council
Meeting Minutes – December 20, 2012
Meeting called to order 6:30 pm
Board Members Present: Glenka, Miller, Kolbeck, Leo. Twenty six community members present, plus Senator-elect Mike Dunleavy, Ernest Prax from Representative Wes Keller’s office, and Assemblyman Vern Halter.
Minutes from November’s meeting read and unanimously approved.
Assembly Report: None
Treasurer’s Report: Checking: $3,615.13 and Savings: $25.14
TCCSA Report: Proposal to Borough for additional funds to finish the new Community Building was made.
Revenue Sharing Project Updates:
- Welcome Sign South – Complete, although still has temporary bracing until Spring 2013
- Community Garden – Completed in June 2012
- Interior Upgrade to Community Building – Scheduled for completion before Cabin Fever Reliever in March 2013
- Playground Equipment – Project will be initiated in Spring 2013
- Free Box – Open, and temporarily set-up in new modular building
- AED – Project completed
- YCC – Completed December 2012
- Council Administrative Funds – $31.51
- Utility Tractor – Equipment ordered, waiting on Borough funding
- Council Website – Waiting on Borough funding
- Welcome Sign North – Waiting on Borough funding
Current Mail was read.
Public Forum: None. (See New Business)
- Formal request to look into the TC Park Circle & Request for Road Name matter given to ROW Coordinator, Andy Dean, who can be reached at 745-9803.
- Tundra Isles: Open floor discussion of DNR’s Preliminary Decision on the 1500-parcel Tundra Isles subdivision between miles 14 and 17 of the Petersville Road. No community member spoke in favor of the land disposal. Concerns mentioned included the massive size of the offering, lack of access, lack of need, impacts on roads and emergency services, reduced property values for existing land owners, increases in crime, and conflicts with existing uses of the area.
- Proposed Susitna State Forest Land Disposal: No Update
Date of next meeting scheduled for January 17 at 6:30 pm.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 pm
(Minutes taken by Council Secretary, Levi Miller)
Approved: __________________________________ _______________________________________